Class 10 means approaching board exams. Yes, board exams mean that your paper is curated and corrected by a separate team of teachers from the CBSE board. This is why it becomes really important to prepare well from the very beginning in Class 10.
You might be stressed about the huge syllabus that you need to cover for your exam, but if you strategically plan your studies, then everything will be done on time and you will be well prepared for your exam.
Many students can find it difficult to cope up with Science in Class 10, maybe because of the vastness of the subject. The NCERT Science textbook in Class 10 is divided into four parts, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Environmental Science. Although there will be only one exam, you will have to study all four subjects equally to score well in your Science exam. And if you think you will learn everything at the last moment before your examination then you are bound to confuse yourself. This is why it is suggested that you regularly give equal importance to all the topics.
But if the confusion still remains and you are not able to figure out how to study or make a proper plan, then we are here to lessen your worries. Read the entire article to know how you should prepare for Class 10 Science exams.
Study Plan for Class 10 Science Exam
- First things first, download and take a printout of your syllabus. This syllabus will work as a study guide for you, which will tell you what all things you will have to study from the chapters. From this, you will also get an idea of how you need to manage your time too.
- Do not pile up portions. Whenever a chapter is taught to you, immediately read that chapter at home by yourself, and try solving the in-text questions. Whatever doubt arises you can take it to your teachers or parents and get it cleared out right away. This will help you remain up to date and lessen your burden in the end.
- Thirdly, making an easy to follow timetable is crucial. It will help you to remain organized and you will be able to devote your time equally for your school, studies, recreation etc.
- If you think you want to score well in Science, then you must have all your concepts cleared. There might be some topics that are a little more difficult to understand. In that case, do not give up without understanding it completely.
- If you write correct answers in Science, then there won’t be any scope of losing marks unnecessarily. And for that, you will need extensive practice and revision of the concepts.
- Another important thing is going through the NCERT Class 10 Science Solutions PDF.
When you are in Class 10, you will face peer pressure where you will have the urge to refer to plenty of reference books. But what most students miss out on is the importance of the NCERT textbooks and the solutions provided in them. It can be your best guide and help you score high marks too.
- NCERT is the prescribed textbook for all CBSE schools and the solutions that are provided in it are written by experts. If you analyze the previous year question papers, you will get to understand the weightage that’s given to the NCERT solutions.
- When it comes to Science, it becomes important to have more practical knowledge that will help you to know the scientific applications of the theoretical concepts that you learn in your textbooks. For this, you must not miss out on your practical lessons in school. Always take the initiative to perform the science experiments by yourself so that you learn properly.
- If you feel there are certain areas in science where you are lacking behind and not being able to grasp the concept well, then you should make sure to take out time and put extra effort into those areas. Do not hesitate to seek help from your teachers if you are unable to do it yourself.
- Scoring good marks in the board exams is a long and continuous process and not just a one-month thing. It is important that you study throughout the year, make separate notes that you can refer to before your exam and quickly recall whatever you have studied in the past related to that.
- Do not forget to attempt mock papers daily. When you are done with your syllabus, you must begin to solve a minimum of two mock papers of two different subjects. This will help you to develop a habit of writing answers in a given period of time and also accustom you to the time constraint.
- Any preparation is incomplete if you do not refer to and solve the previous year’s question papers. These previous year papers will give you an idea of the level of the examination and you will be able to anticipate the type of questions that are usually asked from a particular topic in Science. This will make your preparation easier.
- Lastly, your preparation for a good score in the Class 10 Science exam goes hand in hand with your health and lifestyle. If you take good care of what you are eating throughout the day, if you are sleeping well and keeping your mind stress free, you will have a positive balance in life. This will lead to a positive outcome in your academics as well.
Do not overburden yourself with the pressure of the board’s exam. If you lose your calm and patience, it might lead to the downfall of your grades. It is advised that you always have a positive mindset and maintain sincerity in whatever you do. Good luck!